Wednesday, April 29, 2009

La Fille Sur Le Pont






"I believe every promise I hear. I've never achieved anything. I've never been useful or precious to anyone, or happy, or even really unhappy. I guess you're unhappy when you lose something but I've never had anything except bad luck. "
-How do you see your future, Adele?
"I don't know. When I was little, all I wanted to do was grow up as fast as I could. But I can't see the point of it all. Not anymore. Getting older. I see my future like a waiting room in a big train station with benches and drafts. Outside, hordes of people run by without seeing me. They're all in a rush taking trains and taxis. They have somewhere to go, someone to meet, and I sit there, waiting."
-Waiting for what, Adele?
"For something to happen to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment